Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Amazing

Hello all. I wanted to write a little bit about the spiritual experiences I am having over here as well as the physical ones. They have been just as exciting, in a different way.
The Lord has really been working in my life, and I am realizing what I have heard every person involved in any type of mission work say: to give is to recieve, and so much more. I feel that although I am working hard and giving some time for service, I have never been more blessed. It´s hard to explain, but being over here, away from the business and stress of the States and school is just amazing. When I get up in the morning, I just love being able to spend time in the early morning hours with the Lord, reading the Bible, praying, and being rejuvenated, recharged for another day of service.
When you´re in the mission service so actively, everyday, it´s so easy to see what life is truly all about: living for others. Well, not just living for others. Giving of your life so that whatever you do, whatever difference you can make, will be an effort to let God work through you to show them how much better life is with Him then without.
The lesson I have learned very quickly here is that it is impòssible to give and keep giving when you don´t have a connection, a relationship with the Lord. The more time I spend with Him, the more I am overwhelmed with His amazing love, and how perfectly He knows just what I need.
I know the Lord has led me to Peru, if for no other reason, to really show me His love and desire to be a part of my life and help me to serve Him. The lessons I am learning each day are more valuable and precious then any class or lecture I could take, and they´re straight from the best professor ever!
I know in a few short months this wonderful chapter in my life will end, and I will jump back into our crazy but comfortable North Amercian lifestyle. Although I will leave many things behind, I want to hold onto and never let go of the life changing, life saving lesson that I have learned: I can´t live without the Lord. I want to make time for Him, and never let go of the special relationship I have begun to allow Him to develop within me. I can describe it as nothing less than amazing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, it's great to hear how God is leading in your life - you're an inspiration to all of us back here, ;]. Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

Thank you, Shawn.

Ansley said...

Thanks for sharing some of your thoughts with us, Emily. I'm praying for you girls, knowing the task is difficult, but also knowing the God will provide the strength and energy you need. I'm sure of it.

Emily said...

Ansley! Wow, it´s good to hear from you. Kristin and I have certainly had some challenges, but I have been so blessed by our experiences here so far. I´m realizing more and more what a blessing it is to be a student missionary! It is truly a life changing experience.